How to insert a contact lens:
- Wash your hands thoroughly by using soap and by using a clean towel to dry
- Place the lens on the tip of your index finger. (Unless the prescription is the
same, remember to check whether it is for your right or left eye.)
- Check the lens is orientated the correct way.
- Use the index finger of your opposite hand to pull up your upper eyelid. Use the middle finger of your dominant hand with the contact on it to pull your lower eyelid down.
- Place the contact on your eye and gently move it so it is centred over your cornea.
- Gently release your eyelids.
- Blink slowly, as to not dislodge the contact.
- Repeat these steps with the other eye.
- To avoid accidentally wearing your contact lenses inside out, place your contact lens on the tip of your finger so that it forms a cup. Look at the contact lens from the side. If the cup looks like it is flaring out at the top and has a lip, your contact lens is inside out.