Monitoring Your Child’s Eye sight development
The following simple age determined mile stones will help you assess if your child’s eye sight is developing normally.
Eye sight development at 3 months
- Follow your face from side to side.
- Smile or engage with an individual who gives it attention.
- Show interest in faces and objects held close.
Eye sight development at 6 months
- Reach out to be picked up by you.
- Move both eyes together.
- Reach out for objects.
Eye sight development at 9 months
- Show interest in nearby activities of people or animals.
- Recognise and engaged with a small toy.
- Look to see where a fallen object has dropped.
Eye sight development at 12 months
- Recognise familiar people from across a room.
- Enjoy the interaction of peek-a-boo.
- Recognise and pick up small objects using his/her thumb and first finger.